Friday 14 August 2015

1 Week to Disney: Blogging Plans for My Trip

Every week seems to be going faster than the last. A complication since last week is that I have come down with a cold, which has limited the amount of trip preparation I have been able to do. Hopefully it will clear up in the next few days; otherwise it will be a pain on the flights.

My main planning focus now is on packing. I have a master list of what I want to take but I still need to figure out if there is enough room to fit it all in my suitcase and still leave plenty of room for souvenirs.

My main aim for today's blog post is to outline how I intend to post about my trip, both here and on Twitter.

My intention is to "live-tweet" my chronological trip report. I put live-tweet in scare quotes because I know that for parts of the trip I won't have internet access. A little bit of experimenting suggests that if you try to post a tweet when offline (using the official Twitter app on iPhone), it seems to save it and post when you are back online. So I'm hoping to be able to write tweets as I go and then batch post them when I get onto wifi. Plan B is to save drafts and then manually post them, although that would obviously be more time consuming. I will see how I go.

I have created a special Twitter account for my trip (and potentially for future trips). This will enable anyone who wants to keep up with my insanity to follow the new account without risking losing followers from my main account. I can also use it to reduce the number of people I myself follow while I'm away, without having to mess with my main account. So my shiny new Twitter account is JenniOnHolidays.

My blog posts, on the other hand, will be more thematic. I'm not sure yet what the scope of each post will be. I think I will start with drafts on broad areas and then split them into multiple posts if they get too big. One result of this is I almost certainly won't have a blog post ready until I am finished at Disneyland (I'm not sure that I will have much time to even draft posts at Disneyland anyway). I suspect the most likely situation is going to be that I make a few blog posts while I am in Boston and then a lot once I get back home.

So my blogging/tweeting plans are still rather vague, but hopefully things will fall into place fairly easily. My next blog post will be on Day 0!

No comments:

Post a Comment