Monday 12 October 2015

Dining at Disney California Adventure

Here are my thoughts on some of the food and drink options available at Disney California Adventure. In general I think I preferred what was available at Disneyland, especially when it came to Table Service choices.

Hollywood Land

Drink Me - This drink cart at the Mad T Party mainly sells alcoholic speciality drinks but I didn't want to be wrecked the next day so I stuck to a watermelon lemonade - nice on a hot day. They took credit card here.

Cars Land

Flo's V8 Cafe - I had the Turkey Dip here - I wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to eat it but it was definitely yummy. This was another restaurant where the food was served on real plates with real cutlery, and there was also a CM coming around to clear the tables.



Cozy Cone Motel - This "restaurant" is really a group of outdoor stations that each sell a few things. The only thing I tried here was Red's Apple Freeze, the signature drink of Cars Land. I wasn't sold on the foam, but the combination of apple juice slushy and marshmallow syrup was amazing. A bit on the pricey side though.

Paradise Pier

Ice-cream Cart - There were a lot of ice-cream carts dotted around the place but a lot of them seemed to have very limited opening hours so I had to wander around a little to find one that was actually selling ice-cream. I had the obligatory Mickey bar. I was surprised that the little cart I went to took credit card when some of the larger carts hadn't.

Grizzly Peak

Smokejumpers Grill - This is mainly a burger restaurant but the toppings bar is really good (including roast capsicum). When I ordered I was starving so I was tempted by a chocolate milkshake as well. I enjoyed all the food but burger + fries + milkshake was a little too much food for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment